If you’re the typical American family, you’re probably part of a two-couple household, both of whom work, maybe with a few children still at home. […]
From my article How to Wake Up with Energy Each Morning at Dumb Little Man: “Do you wake up in the morning feeling well-rested and […]
Looking up our heroes and saying thanks gives us the opportunity to look back at our own lives, and realize how we got where we are. It’s a chance to be introspective, to remember what brought us here.
Learning to become less scattered and more purposeful takes more than a night. Learning to live your life with intention requires that you be completely honest with yourself – realizing who you are at the center of your being, knowing where you’re headed. Facing your weaknesses and isolating the obstacles that stand in the way of your personal effectiveness. Sailing past those obstacles, and onto brighter horizons.
I get a real kick out of watching people understand that they have the power to change. It’s like the proverbial light bulb going off and someone saying, “Wow! I can have anything I want!”
They say we receive in kind those things we project into the world around us. Be it kindness, meanness, honesty, or deceit, the world has a way of paying us back in spades.
No matter who you are, where you’ve been or where you’re headed, there is always room
for change – a new perspective and a new plan to define what’s most important to you.
Remember – the goal here is to know that a cookie-cutter prescription for success simply doesn’t exist in today’s world. To know that it’s ultimately up to you to make the plan.
It takes hard work and perseverance to go from overbooked and distracted, to productive and effective. We must first learn to overcome obstacles – old ways of thinking, defeatist patterns of behavior, fears and so forth. But through patient persistence and gentle guidance, people are able to discover their own unique ability to define and create ideal lives for themselves, against all odds and despite what everyone else is saying.
Check out a fun podcast interview I did with Mike Vardy of EffTD™. Mike has a great sense of humor and shares it with us […]
Have you heard of the 90% rule? You live on 90% of your income and save the other 10%. Easy isn’t it? Nope, not in […]
Do you wonder what defines growth in all areas of our lives? Check out my post, the essence of all growth in life over at […]
I’m a relatively happy guy, but sometimes I can get pretty out of sorts. Usually that is related to something I’ve been meaning to do, or always wanted to do. Something, of course, that remains on my “to do” list, and never quite makes it to my did list.
Admittedly, it’s tough to just suddenly pull up the emergency brake on a life in the fast lane. Many people feed off the adrenaline rush and frenetic pace of today’s hooked-up, turned-on world. But the truth is that if you don’t get control of your own future, you’ll eventually crash and burn. I know this for a fact because I was this close to facing a dire situation in my own work and life.
I did a really fun and unique interview today with Mike Vardy of EffTD™. Mike’s satircal sense of style and humor was a real hoot.
The podcast will be up shortly.
If you don’t think of yourself as creative, I think you’re missing a great opportunity to grow as a person – to become who you really are and who you want to be.
Many people who appear successful and together on the outside feel dissatisfied and disillusioned on the inside. This is because even though our life and careers are humming along at a breakneck speed, we frequently have no idea what direction we’re traveling in – or for that matter, why we ever agreed to go along for the ride.
Most of live our whole lives, to some extent, in this half-waking, half-conscious way. More…We know what we’re doing, but we don’t think about it. We don’t stop to consider whether this is the right job for us, whether this friend is dragging us down, whether we need to spend more time on what we really love and enjoy.
Have you ever heard someone say, “You’re not hearing me?” They’re not accusing you of not listening. Presumably you are not only listening but responding to what they’re saying. The accusation is that you are not adequately processing and understanding those words and the emotions and situations underlying them.
Over at Dumb Little Man I’ve created a post about determining success. Check out 20 qualities for a successful life.
In today’s world, we’re faced with a perplexing amount of life choices, directions, options and alternatives. And the loyalty is simply not there anymore. Because of this relatively new, fend-for-yourself attitude, the only real structure or rules that exist in your life are whatever you lay down for yourself.