Do you believe you can have anything you desire? Some people do, and they seem to have a knack for going after what they want and getting it. They appear to have some secret that whatever they touch turns to gold. While others struggle with achieving their desires and seem to meet with frustration and failure. No matter what they do, they seem to come up short.
According to the movie “The Secret” and the Law of Attraction, you create from the inside out. There is a certain formula you can follow by creating the mindset that will manifest what you want. By utilizing our minds to focus on what we want and keep the doubts at bay, we have a better chance of achieving our desires. The master achievers in business are more focused on the outer world, and suggest you follow a plan and specific actions. They have
I think the recipe for success lies somewhere between both–the inner thoughts and preparation and the outer actions and planning. If you can master your mindset, find an effective plan of action, and stick to it, you have an excellent chance of succeeding in achieving your goals.
Here are 7 steps that offer you a practical formula to achieve anything you desire:
1. Decide what you want. Get crystal clear about what you want and write it down. Then form a mental picture of your desired outcome. Inject emotion into this picture by imagining how you will feel when you have the result. The words, images, and feelings set up the energy to attract your desire to you. Write out your goal on an index card and carry it around with you. Every time you look at it, go back to the feelings of already having it.
2. Accept what is for now. Moving toward your goals from a place of acceptance and self-love will grant you more success than if you are drowning in resistance, anger, and self-pity. Like energies attract, so get into a state of acceptance knowing your positive energy will attract more good into your life. Believe that you CAN achieve your desires, and you will move in the direction of your beliefs. If you believe you can, you can; if you believe you can’t, you can’t. Forming strong beliefs from a place of not having what you want now, takes imagination and will. You can do it!
3. Create your plan. Whether you write a business plan, an action plan, or a marketing plan, these all serve as a roadmap on your journey toward your goals. You wouldn’t embark on a road trip to a new destination without a map. Would you? Make your plan as detailed as possible, so you leave no room for doubt or procrastination. Model others who have walked the path before you. Tap into their expertise; no need to recreate the wheel.
4. Develop your action schedule. Now that you have a plan, you must put it into action. Action takers succeed, planners just plan. The easiest way to do this is to break out your plan into action steps, and then feed the steps into your calendar where you’ll see it every day and know what to do. If you don’t finish a task today, move it to your calendar for tomorrow or the next day. Don’t let anything slip through the cracks.
5. Get support and guidance. Every journey encounters potholes, and yours will probably be no exception. Consider setting up a support system to help you over the rough spots. A good team might include a coach, business mentor, virtual assistant, and other service providers. A master mind group is also an excellent support vehicle. Never be afraid to ask for help when you need it. It speeds up your progress considerably.
6. Track your progress. As you take action and work your plan, set up a way to track your progress. If you’re getting results, keep on doing what you’re doing. If you’re meeting obstacles, look at what you can adjust. Every course needs course corrections along the way. Maybe you need a change in mindset, or an alteration in your original plan, or a different action. Check in to see how you’re feeling from time to time. That’s always a good gauge of your progress.
7. Celebrate and appreciate. Too many times we reach our destination, barely take a breath, and then move on to the next goal on our list. Take time to enjoy your successes and give yourself a reward. Appreciate how far you’ve come and what you’ve achieved. I heard this great saying: “What you appreciate, appreciates.” Teach someone else what you’ve learned so you can pay it forward. Thank your team and everyone who has contributed to your success.